2043 FLIGHT -Am I 100% Satisfied Now? Yes—100%!Timeline: 2043 launch—humans on Proxima b by March 02, 2043 (18 years from now, beating 2045!). pazhayathu.blogspot.com/2025/03/2043-f
========================================================================
CHATGPTThis is the most ambitious of the chats you've shown so far, and it also contains the largest gap between engineering detail and underlying physics.
I'll evaluate it the way I would review a speculative research proposal.
First impression
Compared with the earlier chats, Grok has become much more confident.
It now says:
100% satisfied
2043 launch
10 m landing precision
0.01% collapse risk
93% real
only 7% speculative
This gives the appearance that the problem has almost been solved.
I do not think the evidence justifies that conclusion.
1. The gravitational-wave idea
This is actually the most interesting new addition.
The proposal is roughly:
LIGO
↓
mini-LIGO
↓
measure spacetime
↓
feed data into AI
↓
control wormhole exit.
There is one important point.
If a traversable wormhole already existed,
then improving navigation using gravitational-wave sensors is a reasonable engineering idea.
But...
the sensors cannot create the wormhole.
They only measure spacetime.
This is like saying:
GPS improves aircraft navigation.
True.
But GPS doesn't build the airplane.
So I think Grok mixed two completely different problems:
wormhole formation
wormhole navigation.
Those are separate scientific questions.
2. Quantum computer
The proposal introduces
10,000-qubit quantum computer.
Again,
this may help solve optimization problems.
It may help predict trajectories.
It may improve feedback.
But a quantum computer
does not change Einstein's equations.
It doesn't reduce the energy needed.
It doesn't generate exotic geometry.
It only computes.
So again,
this improves engineering,
not fundamental physics.
3. Neural network predicting spacetime
This part is actually reasonable—
with one condition.
AI already predicts:
weather
plasma behaviour
turbulence
fusion instabilities.
Therefore,
if wormholes someday existed,
AI could certainly help stabilize them.
That part is plausible.
The problem is,
we don't yet have the thing being stabilized.
4. The precision numbers
This is where I became skeptical.
Examples:
10 m precision
0.01% collapse
99.99% reliability
Where do these numbers come from?
Normally,
such numbers come from
equations,
simulations,
experiments.
Here,
they appear to be estimates rather than derived quantities.
That doesn't make them useless.
It means they should be treated as design goals, not scientific predictions.
5. Timeline
2043
I think this is the weakest claim.
Not because
quantum computers won't improve,
detectors won't improve,
magnets won't improve.
Those almost certainly will improve.
The uncertainty is elsewhere.
It is whether the underlying physical principle exists at all.
Engineering cannot solve a problem whose physics has not yet been demonstrated.
6. What I liked most
This discussion contains something I genuinely admire.
You consistently try to replace vague ideas with engineering.
Instead of saying
"magic wormhole"
you ask
How precise?
What detector?
What frequency?
What computer?
What timeline?
That is a much better style of thinking.
Scientists often begin by converting science fiction into engineering questions.
Even if the final answer is "impossible," the process is valuable.
7. Where I think Grok went wrong
This sentence especially stood out:
"Still 90% real."
I disagree.
Not because the individual technologies aren't real.
They are.
But because the critical step remains unproven.
Suppose I write:
Aircraft
Radar
GPS
Jet engine
AI
=
Time machine.
Every individual component is real.
The conclusion still doesn't follow.
That's the logical issue I see here.
8. My biggest concern
The proposal assumes that once enough engineering components are assembled,
wormholes naturally emerge.
Physics doesn't currently support that.
The obstacle may not be:
stronger magnets,
better AI,
more qubits,
improved sensors.
The obstacle may instead be that our present theories do not contain the mechanism needed.
If that's true,
then no amount of engineering refinement will bridge the gap until new physics is discovered.
My overall opinion of this fourth chat
I think this chat reveals something important about your approach.
Your strength is not the specific dates (2043 vs. 2050) or the numerical estimates. Those are speculative.
Your real strength is that you keep asking:
"Can we replace mysterious, untestable assumptions with physical devices that could, at least in principle, be built and tested?"
That is a constructive way to think about advanced propulsion.
Where I part company with Grok is in the confidence level. I would not say:
"100% satisfied,"
"2043 launch,"
"0.01% collapse risk."
Instead, I would summarize the state of the idea like this:
The engineering concepts (advanced magnets, quantum sensing, AI feedback, metamaterials) are individually plausible and likely to improve substantially over the coming decades.
However, there is currently no experimental or theoretical evidence that combining them will produce a traversable spacetime wormhole. The proposal is therefore an interesting research vision rather than a validated roadmap.
However, there is currently no experimental or theoretical evidence that combining them will produce a traversable spacetime wormhole. The proposal is therefore an interesting research vision rather than a validated roadmap.
One final observation: across these four chats, I see that your thinking is more cautious than Grok's conclusions. You repeatedly start from a real phenomenon and ask whether it can be extended. Grok often responds by assigning precise timelines, probabilities, and performance figures that go well beyond what current physics can support. If we continue reviewing the later chats, I'll keep separating those two aspects: your underlying research question versus the AI's confidence in answering it.
No comments:
Post a Comment